Broadmoor Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA) through the Presbytery of the Pines and the Synod of the Sun. The congregation was chartered on November 17, 1947 with 139 charter members. At the time, the Broadmoor neighborhood was one of the fastest growing areas of Shreveport. The first services of worship were held in the Broadmoor Theater, which was located on Youree Drive.
In time, the congregation purchased 3.3 acres of land on Grover Place and on August 16, 1948 the congregation held a groundbreaking for new facilities. An old Army chapel was acquired and moved from Camp Livingston in Alexandria to serve as the sanctuary. Worship was first held in this facility on January 2, 1949. The present-day sanctuary was completed in 1970. Other facilities include a children’s education wing (which also houses the Mothers’ Day Out program), completed in 1954 and renovated in 2009), an adult education wing, which includes a small kitchen and formal parlor (completed in 1959), a full-size gymnasium/fellowship hall and office area (completed in 1980).
Please note: Classes and programs are subject to change due to COVID issues. Please call the church office at 318-868-3659 to confirm details.
• A wide range of community missions for homeless & needy
• Geaux Bags for Foster Children
• Support for International Needs
• Hope Connections, Faith Works
• Chancel Choir
• JuBELLee Handbell Choir
• Guest Musicians
• Special Seasonal Music
• Presbyterian Women Programs
• Monthly Fellowship Luncheons
• Mission Speakers
• Community Service Projects
• Youth Group Sundays
• Mother's Day Out
• Vacation Bible School
• Bible Study Groups